Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Up, up and away!

So here I am in the somewhat sticky Big Apple. I started classes yesterday and today have a holiday for the Fourth of July. One day of classes, then a holiday. Perfect. We're watching the fireworks via satellite from New York in my aunt Karen and her husband Mike's lovely leafy suburban home in the heart of New Jersey - I've also been swimming in their very Tony Soprano like backyard pool.

Stay tuned for pictures from the Farewell Trivia Musical Bonanza Evening at Retro and a photo essay on the delights of a wonderful American invention, "S'Mores".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S'Mores, huh?

I tell you what, you haven't LIVED until you have consumed S'Mores, Twinkies, Oreos and raw cookie dough all together in a milkshake.

Best consumed while lying on a couch watching a film that does not require thought, movement, or basic motor skills. (I suggest STEPMOM).

Stitz, make the most of your cultural experience abroad, is what I'm saying. Obviously.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Stitzy said...

I will Loz. My new house is full of many similar DVDs of said nature. There's also a ready supply of cream-filled American treats. I must try that milkshake.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tim, great job with this, very funny... your documentary on Smores left me feeling quite hungry. Hope to see you again soon.
Dave, Sheri and Paige

ps, is that milkshake recipe real? that may be documentary #2...

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stitzy, it all sounds fab. You are so now setting up the blog and flickr - I am suitably impressed. Though it was nigh on 6 years ago since I was there, I would recommend a visit to the part of Central Park where many muscled and scantily dressed dudes perform a kind of crazed roller-dance to electro beats. (I am currently a little obsessed with all things roller) Keep living the dream, you lucky skunk.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stitzy :)
What an amazing journey thus far! I'm loving the set-up of this blog of yours. Until recently, I didn't even know what a blogspot was....
Am loving the photos, and am enjoying reading all about your ny experience.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home